Monday, April 2, 2018

Becoming plant-slanted

Last year, I spent several months studying some of the plant-based diets, as well as some studies conducted on them. At the conclusion of these studies, I decided that I would move toward becoming more planted-slanted by reducing dairy and meat to about 15-20 percent and increasing plants and whole grains to about 80-85 percent of my diet.

I've been very pleased with this change and discovered that filling up on plants and whole grains is different than stuffing myself on meat dishes. Although I'm full and stay full longer, I don't have that lethargic feeling of being overstuffed with consumption of a large meat serving. Many health benefits, which I won't go into here and may also differ among individuals, are derived from eating more plants and less meat. 

On the days that now I prepare meat, which is usually two or three days a week, I only use 100 percent grass-fed, organic beef and free-range, organic chicken and serve smaller portions. My husband and I had both given up meat for breakfast several years ago, so moving toward plant-slanted hasn't been a hardship for either of us. 

As a result of eating more meatless entrees and hearty soups, I will be adding a stand-alone page with recipes for these new dishes that we are enjoying.

As I introduce these recipes on the main page of the blog, I will also discuss some changes I've made in preparing some of these dishes. 

~~~B~~~



No comments:

Post a Comment