Seven weeks into my weight-loss journey, I discovered the free Lose It app on the new phone I had just received for my birthday.
Not only did this app make logging food daily much easier,
but it also enabled me to track essential nutrients and projected realistic
dates for achieving my goals. It took a few weeks to set up all the foods and
recipes for my meals, but once this info was in the data base, my daily logging
was a breeze.
Daily food entries can also be logged online at Lose It instead of/or in addition to using the phone app.
I briefly downloaded another weight-loss app that supposedly
tracked some additional nutrients and had a larger data base of
restaurants. This app required more
personal information just to sign up, and it was personal information that did
not pertain to any fitness goals. After I completed the sign-up and set the app
up for use, I saw that it had allotted me over 200 less daily calories than
Lose It. At the time, I had already lost 38 pounds, so I promptly deleted the
other app. I had planned to use this app along with Lose It, but decided it
wasn’t worth the memory use on my phone. Apparently, the default was set to accommodate all metabolism levels.
Lose It has a default set to age 35, but it is changed when
you entered your own age. It can be changed again if you find your own age does
not accurately respond to your true metabolism.
Lose It has a help section, where it explains how activity levels are
computed to arrive at daily calorie allocations and how these can be changed to
accommodate more or less activity.
###
No comments:
Post a Comment