Saturday, March 5, 2016




These delectable mini pumpkin cholocate chip muffins have only 95 calories each. 


Make pumpkin chocolate chip muffins

 for dessert ... or for breakfast


So many delectable flavors in one little muffin...chocolate, cinnamon, pumpkin. These muffins can be served at the end of a meal or at the beginning of the day, accompanied with yogurt or morning coffee or both. 

Sometimes, I like to replace the granola I have with my yogurt with this muffin. Occasionally, I make regular size muffins and other times I like them mini-size. 

Another variation to make them a little healthier, I will substitute 1/2 cup whole wheat flour for the white flour. The whole wheat flour will give the muffins a coarser texture, and I like these muffins for my yogurt. Muffins made with all-white flour will have a smoother, cake-like texture. 

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cupes all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup plain yogurt with 1/4 cup water added or 1/2 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons coconut oil 
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 large egg
3/4 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Combine flour with next six ingredients (through cloves) and stir well with a whisk. 

In a large bowl, combine granulated and brown sugars with yogurt or buttermilk, oil, pumpkin puree and egg. Beat until well blended. Add to flour mixture and beat until combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Place paper liners in muffin cups or coat with oil or cooking spray. Spoon batter into prepared cups. Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center. Remove muffins from pan immediately. Yield: 12 regular size muffins or 24 mini muffins.

Nutritional info for regular size muffins: 1 muffin, 190 calories; total fat, 6.2g; saturated fat, 4.2g; cholesterol, 16.4 mg; sodium, 185.2mg; total carbs, 32.9 g; fiber, 1.3 g; sugars, 19.4g; protein, 3.4 g.

Nutritional info for mini muffins: 1 muffin, 95 calories; total fat, 3.1g; saturated fat, 2.1g; cholesterol, 8.2 mg; sodium, 92.6 mg; total carbs, 16.4g; fiber, 0.7g; sugars, 9.7 g; protein, 1.7 g.

No comments:

Post a Comment